The Web Drop feature allows you to receive files directly from other people without them installing the Binfer app. They drop files to you from a WebLink that you create. To create a new Web Drop, follow the steps below.
- Open the Binfer app
- Click the down arrow pointing toward a hyperlink iconat the top of the app
- Select the 'New Web Drop ' option
- Name the Web Drop. Common naming structures include: Files for Brian, Files for MyCompany, Files from ABC Corp, Files Regarding Project 1, etc
- Type in a file size maximum in the 'Size Limit' tab
- In the 'Options' tab, select fields to show up on the Web Drop page such as requiring senders to include their Email Address or a Password
- Press Add
- On the left side of the screen, hover over the newly created Web Drop. Select either 'Copy Link' or 'Copy Embed Link' to publish the Web Drop
Tip: A user can enable or disable a Web Drop, require recipients to enter their email or allow recipients to add a message, combine all received files into one folder as opposed to folders based on recipient emails, and add a password all via the Options tab of the Web Drop feature.
Tip: A user can determine what folder files will be received in from the Settings tab (the gear on the top right of the screen). Under Settings, click on 'Downloads'. Adjust the 'Naming Structure' based on your preferences.